Well stated, Suzanne. Thanks for that.

> At the same time, many employers are looking to
> college graduates because a high school diploma
> no longer guarantees a minimal level of ability and
> cultural knowledge.

Indeed ;  far from it. And I am sad to say that even
many a completed course of study at college these
days, crowned with a bachelor's degree, will be found
to have made a pretty miserable showing when it comes
to instilling "a minimal level of cultural knowledge" --
even if it manages to get that "ability" part right. And
I'll furthermore mercifully refrain from any assessment
of LIS curricula on this count.

- Laval Hunsucker