I would like to thank two of ALISE's past presidents for answering Dr.
Miksa's question. Dr. Miksa refers to a "Research-in-Progress session."
ALISE has a "Works in Progress" opportunity and its description can be
found in the "Calls for Participation" section from the Conferences tab:
http://www.alise.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=119767

Here is part of the description statement for Works in Progress:

"The posters for the Works in Progress Showcase are neither refereed nor
judged.  We do have limited space for the posters so we will accept based
on the availability of space for display.

Eligibility:
All conference attendees are welcome to submit posters of their work in
progress. Doctoral students may not submit the same research presented in
the doctoral student research competition."

Understanding of the logistical problems is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
lp

Lorna Peterson
ALISE President 2010