Hey everybody,

In case you missed the meeting Wed, we don’t have a meeting this week.  For Fall Break, we are going sea kayaking at Fontana Lake. We’re leaving Thursday morning, and coming back Sunday. Despite the cold weather we are having, it should be nice later this week. If you want to try to go on that let me know. We have a limited number of spots though, since UTOP only has 11 (possibly 12) sea kayaks. However, the trip rosters always fluctuate so even if the list fills up, you can hop on the waiting list in case someone drops.  I’ll have a better itinerary later this week.

If you are going, you need to go down to UTOP and reserve your kayak and gear this week before Wed at 6pm. UTOP is open 1-6pm Mon –Wed. this week.  This is much like a backpacking trip, because you need to pack light, but bring everything you need with you. There are tanks in the sea kayaks for gear storage, but they’re not very big.

Gear you might need:

Kayaking Gear

_____   *Sea Kayak

_____   *Paddle