From: Library NT [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of GRAY, PAUL
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Logoff script with auto-logon

If patrons have their own individual accounts -- stop reading now - this won't apply.
BUT == it SOUNDS like your machines are set to automatically log in to 'generic' accounts.
That is to say - each machine has a default user account it automatically logs into.
That is what we do here.
In fact there is no reason our machines should ever be logged off.
But in case they are -- in addition to turning on AutoAdminLogon  in the registry (along with setting DefaultUserName, DefaultDomainName and Default Password)  we learned the simple trick of turning on ForceAutoLogon.
This way -- whether a patron reboots the machine - or logs off -- the results are the same.
The machine automatically logs back in using the preset default credentials.