Simmons GSLIS invites applicants and nominations for full-time tenure-track positions at the Assistant Professor level.

Simmons College was chartered in 1899 and opened in 1902; the Graduate School of Library and Information Science (GSLIS) began with the College. Today, GSLIS has nearly 800 students on two campuses, some 50 of whom are in our PhD program. A top-ten ranked program in U.S. News & World Report, GSLIS attracts students from all over the United States and the world. Alumni hail from every state and over 80 countries. The program is a dynamic environment for research and learning.  Faculty receive grants from a diverse array of federal agencies and private foundations.

RESPONSIBILITIES:  Teach, conduct research, contribute to developing curriculum, and provide service to the College and the information professions. We seek faculty in the following areas:

* Information Organization; Metadata; Cataloging

* Leadership and Management

* User and Information Design; Digital Libraries; Information Visualization and Informatics

* Reference and User Services

* School Librarianship

* Archives and Preservation

* Research Methods (Quantitative, Qualitative, and Mixed Methods)

For more information, please read the attached document.

Best regards,

Rong

Chair, Simmons GSLIS Faculty Search Committee

Rong Tang, PhD

Associate Professor

Director, GSLIS Usability Lab

Simmons College