I agree with Dave Dowell about Norman Horrocks when he refers to him as "probably a better human being."

I didn't know Norman all that well, but he knew who I was and he would come up to me at conferences to chat. He always had something gracious to say in his warm and gentlemanly way. The day always seemed brighter after a conversation with Norman.

Bernie Sloan

--- On Sun, 10/17/10, Dave Dowell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Dave Dowell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Norman Horrocks passed
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 4:36 PM

Norman, was a great librarian and tactical thinker; but he was probably a better human being.

Dave Dowell in Morro Bay , CA

http://www.ddowell.com/dave/resume.pdf

Author of the forthcoming Crash Course in Genealogy, projected in late Spring, 2011, from Libraries Unlimited.

Co-author of the recently released Libraries in the Information Age, An Introduction and Career Guide, 2nd edition, Libraries Unlimited, 2009.

Follow "Dr D Digs Up Ancestors" http://blog.ddowell.com

Volunteer Co-Administrator of the Dowell Surname & the Smothers Surname DNA Projects @ FTDNA