Karen Weaver asked: "And also, are digital collections yet full accessible as in full text searching?"

I'd have to say that you can do more full text searching in digital collections than in print collections. :-)

Bernie Sloan

--- On Fri, 10/22/10, Karen Weaver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Karen Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Trendy Topics 2010: Building an Electronic Branch for your Library
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, October 22, 2010, 7:04 PM

What would the librarians at your academic library say about this explanation today in 2010?

And also, are digital collections yet full accessible as in full text searching ?

Think about this some more and what the differences are

Ten years ago I also wrote a paper addressing such distinctions of internet resources
in 1999

See my  Cataloging Internet Resources at MIT & UC San Diego libraries

People used the terms quite fluidly as you mention 10-15 years ago as well...
It's a problem when we have graduate students today taking cataloging who also lump everything together in their minds as well.  Formats and access are not all the same.
Access to a database in EBSCO is not the same as your digital repository, is it?

--Cheers, Karen W