Dear LIS Colleagues  (especially those who have worked with Professor Tefko Saracevic),
The Faculty of the Department of Library and Information Science of the School
of Communication and Information of Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
cordially invite you to join in a conference and dinner to celebrate our
colleague Tefko Saracevic, who will mark his 80th birthday this year. We have
planned a day and a half of interesting and wide ranging talks, by Tefko's
students, collaborators, and friends. There will be three keynote addresses, by
Peter Ingwersen, Gary Marchionini, and Michael Lesk, and remarks by the
Honorary Conference Chairs: Jorge Reina Schement, Dean of the the School of
Communication and Information and Hartmut Mokros, Senior Associate Dean of the
the School of Communication and Information Rutgers, the State University of
New Jersey.

The Conference will take place on Sunday, November 7 and Monday, November 8, 2010 in New Brunswick. There is no charge for the
conference itself, only modest charges for meals.

For further details about the TEFKO2010 event, the conference schedule, and registration please visit:
https://sites.google.com/site/tefko2010/

Questions about the event? Please send them to this website -- https://rutgers.catalog.cerkit.rutgers.edu/course/inquire/11231

If you are unable to attend and would like to send a greeting, please go to the site and click on "submit a greeting."
We hope that many JESSE folks will take advantage of this opportunity to say "Hi" toour wonderful friend and colleague, Tefko.

Hope to see you in New Brunswick!

Kind regards,

Claire

Claire McInerney