From: 2010 Charleston Conference [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 12:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Are social media impacting on your research?

2010 Charleston Conference - Anything Goes!

2010 Charleston Conference

Dear Tula,

Social media, like Twitter and Facebook, have made a huge impact on many people's personal lives and in this global survey we aim to find out the extent to which these and other collaborative tools have impacted on our scholarly lives, especially our research.

Please click on the link below to take the survey. It should take you no more than 20 minutes, less if you haven't yet made extensive use of social media or similar tools.

http://snipurl.com/web2katina

You do not have to give your name - the survey will be completely anonymous. However, you will be invited to leave an email contact address to be entered into a prize draw for a $150 Amazon gift voucher. You will not be contacted again for any other purpose.

The findings of this study will be presented to the 2010 International Charleston Conference and published widely in the professional and scholarly press, so we can guarantee that your response will help in the development of scholarly communications.

The CIBER research group at UCL has been studying the behaviour of the virtual scholar for ten years now and you can find more of their work on our website:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/infostudies/research/ciber

The Charleston Conference is supporting this important study as we believe it is vital to understand how researchers use web 2.0 to ensure we continue to fully support the needs of the academic community. This survey invitation has been sent to all 2010 conference registrants and Against the Grain subscribers. For more information please visit our websites:

Charleston Conference www.katina.info/conference

Against the Grain www.against-the-grain.com

Best regards,

Katina Strauch
Founder, Charleston Conference

Editor and Publisher, Against the Grain

Safe Unsubscribe

This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask].

Charleston Information Group, LLC | MSC Box 98 | The Citadel | Charleston | SC | 29409