Please join the East Tennessee Library Association (ETLA) for a tour of historic Rugby, TN, including its library, on Saturday, November 6. Please RSVP to Lisa Travis at [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> and let her know how many will be coming and whether you will carpooling with the group. If you plan to carpool with the group, please let Lisa know when you plan to leave (i.e. after lunch, after the cemetery lantern tour, after dinner, or the next morning). It is very important that Lisa receive an accurate number of RSVPs for the carpool, tour, and lunch.

We will be meeting at 9:45am in the far northwest corner of the parking lot at Dick’s Sporting Goods, 221 North Peters Road, Knoxville, TN, 37923, in west Knoxville to carpool to Rugby. See http://tiny.cc/9wf6b for directions to Rugby from this location.

The guided tour of Rugby is $5 and will begin at the Rugby Visitor Centre & Theatre with its 32-foot wall mural of Rugby in its heyday. Parking is immediately behind that building. Inside, we will relax in the Johnson Theatre for a 22-minute showing of the award-winning Rugby history film, The Power of a Dream. Then we will take the guided walking tour to the 1882 Thomas Hughes Free Public Library, the 1884 Kingstone Lisle founder's home, the 1887 Christ Church Episcopal, and the 1906 Schoolhouse exhibits. The library does not have a heating system; please dress accordingly. Each tour can accommodate 20 people; two tours can be run for our group if we have more than 20 people.

Following the historic Rugby tour, we will meet for lunch at the Harrow Road Café, which will likely cost $7-$12. We must use a limited menu, which includes a vegetarian option, if we have more than 30 people in our group; it is very likely we will be able to order off of the full menu, which is much longer.

You can then choose to stay in Rugby for a special event, a cemetery lantern tour that begins at 4:30pm and is limited to 40 people; you need to call individually and make your own reservations for this, dinner, and/or lodging. Tickets are $15 for the cemetery lantern tour only or $28 with dinner afterward (tax & gratuity not included). This will be the second time this historically accurate presentation has been presented. Rugby residents who now call Laurel Dale Cemetery their home will "come back to life" to tell participants about their past days in Rugby. A colorful assortment of costumed characters will confide the true secrets about Rugby of old.

After the cemetery lantern tour, which is approximately an hour long, you may choose to stay for dinner. The Harrow Road Café opens for dinner at 5:30pm. You may bring your own wine for dinner with $1.00 corkage fee per bottle.

Here are phone numbers for reservations for the cemetery tour, dinner, and lodging: 1-888-214-3400 or 423-628-2441.

For more information on Rugby, see http://www.historicrugby.org/.

If you have any questions, please call Lisa at 423-869-7132 (work) or, 865-300-3297 (cell) or email her at [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask].

All the best,
Lisa Travis, M.S., Ed.S.

ETLA Vice President/President-Elect
Medical Librarian
Lon and Elizabeth Parr Reed Medical and Allied Health Library

Carnegie-Vincent Library
Lincoln Memorial University
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
(423) 869-7132
http://www.lmunet.edu/medlib

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may contain material protected by the attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the offices designated information technology person by telephone at 800-325-0900. You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- To join/leave the list or browse the ISALUMNI archives, please see: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/isalumni.html