Greetings All -

It looks like the hike on Thursday to Sand Cave and White Rocks in the
Cumberland Gap National Historical Park is a go.  The forecast is for a
spectacular day.

Jennifer White will lead a car-pool from Knoxville.  She will be at the
Ingles at Merchants Road/Cedar Lane (Exit 108) off I-75 at 8:00am.  Eat
dust will be 8:15am.

Directions from downtown are to take a right off of the Merchant's exit
onto Cedar Lane.  O'Charles and Applebee's will be on the left and
Paleo's Grill and El Chico will be on your right.  Go down the road a
little bit and Ingles will be on the left.  You might want to shoot
Jennifer an email if you plan on meeting her at Ingles.

Folks driving on their own should meet at the Wilderness Road Picnic
Area at 10:00am.  Eat dust will be at 10:15am or as soon as the
Knoxville car-pool arrives.  Plan on a moderately strenuous 9-mile hike.
Good footwear, lunch and plenty of water should be no-brainers.

Directions from Harrogate, TN are to take Hwy. 25E to Hwy. 58 East.
From the junction, go about 2.0 miles and you will see the sign for the
Wilderness Road Campground.  Turn left off of Hwy. 58.  The picnic area
is on the left before you enter the campground.  We'll meet somewhere
within sight of the restrooms.

Maps are available at: http://www.nps.gov/cuga/planyourvisit/maps.htm

I'll be camping tonight and Thursday night.  Please join me by the fire.
Look for a tan Toyota Tacoma pickup with a camper shell with a bike on
top of it.

Please note: this activity is not sponsored or sanctioned by Club
Geography, the Tennessee Geographic Alliance, or the Department of
Geography.  User assumes all risks.

See you tomorrow.

Kurt Butefish