Listed below is an e-mail from Melanie Barron regarding Geography Awareness week. Please respond to her directly if you are interested.

Thanks,
Dr. K

-----

Hi everyone,

The Geography Awareness Week committee is in need of volunteers! We need students to give a couple hours of their time to visit some local schools and teach the lesson we have prepared about this year's theme, fresh water. We provide the lesson and the supplies, now we just need YOU! There are 3 AM time blocks-- 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11. You'll be paired with another student, and the classroom is supervised by the teacher. Your job is basically to show up, be enthusiastic, and have fun sharing some great info about the environment to 3rd-5th graders. We'll be going over the lesson plan the week before, so we'll make sure you're prepared.

When you sign up, please factor in transportation time, and you will probably need a few extra minutes before class begins to get yourself organized. I would say you should budget at least 30 minutes before and after your time slot.

There is a sign-up sheet outside room 104, or you can fill out the attached sign-up sheet and just email it back to me ([log in to unmask]). Please sign up by Friday, Oct. 15th.

Faculty, please let me know if we can come by your classes and advertise this opportunity at the beginning or end of class. We want to make sure everyone has a chance to participate!

We already have over 25 classrooms interested in having us visit! We need lots of you to be involved to make sure this year is a success! Hope to hear from everyone soon.

Thank you!
Melanie Barron