This announces the Virginia Tech Regional Math Competition (VTRMC).
It takes place this upcoming Saturday Oct 30, from 9-11:30 am,
locally administered at each participationg institution

Undergraduates of any major with strong math background are strongly
encouraged to participate. This includes, but is not limited to
those individuals that are planning to take the Putnam exam in December.

More info about the VTRMC can be found at
http://www.math.vt.edu/people/plinnell/Vtregional/

Money prizes are available for the strongest performers.

In principle, based on our insitutional registration to participate, we can
register students right on the day of the exam. However I request that
INTERESTED PARTICIPANTS PLEASE CONTACT ME before Friday for logistical
reasons
(Xeroxing enough exams). I will then notify everybody who has shown interest
of the room (likely in HBB)

Individuals that are already registered to participate in the Putnam
competition will by default be considered to have shown interest in VTRMC
as well, unless they notify me to the contrary.
I have already added those students (one, actually) who have already
contacted me about their interest in VTRMC.

Looking forward to seeing a strong turnout for VTRMC on Saturday morning.

Jochen Denzler

This e-mail list is intended for those who have an interest in mathematics at the University of Tennessee. All current UT math majors and minors should be on this list in order not to miss important announcements. To add or remove yourself from the list, visit listserv.utk.edu.