From: Erica [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Mon 9/13/2010 3:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; Kuhnen, Leslie A; lcsarin-contact; Anna Brannin; Knowles, Darsi; Bose, Rumela; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; Mehra, Bharat; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: American Library Association, New Members Round Table - Student and Student Chapter Outreach Committee (SASCO)

Hello,
 I wanted to take an opportunity to formally introduce the SASCO Committee to you and discuss my role as a committee member.

SASCO's goals are to keep LIS students informed about various ALA and NMRT activities, awards, and scholarships that might be of interest to them, and to provide a forum for LIS students to meet and network. We also provide advice and assistance to student ALA chapters and to LIS students who are considering starting a chapter in their school. To that end, I would like to contact you occasionally with important news items, announcements, and SASCO updates. We would also like to keep you informed about NMRT's Student Chapter of the Year Award, which is a great way to bring national attention to your chapter's activities. More Information and the application deadlines will be available soon.

To help us maintain contact and support your student ALA chapter, I hope that you can share the following information with me:

1. Who is the preferred contact person to forward SASCO emails to LIS students?

2. What is the best contact information for the individual listed above?

3. Is there anything that SASCO can do to help you and your student chapter?

Attached to this e-mail is a general NMRT introductory letter which can help you get a better idea of what the NMRT and SASCO can do for your student chapter. Also, feel free to visit the NMRT website (www.ala.org/nmrt). As your school's liaison to SASCO, please consider me a resource if you have questions at any time.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

 Erica Stiner, Walter Reed Army Medical Center Post Librarian
Committee Member, Student and Student Outreach Chapter (SASCO)
E-mail: [log in to unmask]