Howdy do,

Thanks for everyone that came out last night to the meeting, sorry if I was a little unclear on a few things. My thinking was to ask you guys when you guys wanted to do everything, but that got confusing. This should clear that up. Nothing is set in stone here, so let me know if something doesn’t work for you and we’ll figure it out.

First All you folks that drove on Fall Bash, you should have gotten an email from recsports about coming by their office to pick up checks, if not just go by there ( go in the main door of TRECS, go straight, don’t turn right to go toward the turnstyles, go up the steps that lead to a glass door; that’s the recsports office) and tell them you need to pick up your reimbursement check.

UPCOMING EVENTS:

Full Moon Cades Cove Bike Ride TONIGHT

Weather’s looking good for tonight – low of 69, mostly clear, so the moon will be shining strong. Should be fuuun. We are meeting at 7 pm  lot 66 parking lot. We'll have a trailor for bikes. We will be carpooling; it should be ok to leave any unneeded vehicles for the carpool at the parking lot until we get back. We'll be gone probably till 12 ish? - I'd plan for that at least, we might be back earlier. So if you need a bike, go pick one up at UTOP today. UTOP is open from 1-6pm. You are responsible for your bike, bring it to lot 66, we'll carry it in the trailer for you to Cades Cove and back, then you take your bike back to UTOP Friday sometime between 1 & 6pm; otherwise you will have to pay late fees (if you absolutely have no way of getting it back in that time, just see if another club member or officer will drop it off for you).

Where is lot 66 parking lot, you say? - Its on the AG. Campus. Keep reading if you don't know where that is. Some points of reference...Say if your heading down Andy Holt Ave. towards TRECS from the Library, you'll be on the pedestrian walkway. Well the pedestrian walkway is actually Andy Holt Ave. so just keep trucking once you get to the road part; yep keep heading toward TRECS. Well eventually TRECS will be on your left, but keep going past it until you get to the intersection of Volunteer and Andy Holt Ave.... just go straight through the intersection (the name will change from Andy Holt to Joe Johnson). Well once you’re on the Joe Johnson side, just turn left at the next stop light and thar she blows that be ye lot 66, you'll probably see a bunch of folks standing around by their cars together.

Nantahala whitewater kayaking & Mtn. Biking at Tsali –This Weekend

Whether you decide to bike or kayak or both, this is what you need to know to prepare yourself for the shredding that will occur this weekend.

·         GEAR – go reserve your gear at UTOP today or tomorrow before we leave. There will be a sheet there where you fill out your name and what gear you are checking out and what size it is ( you guys at the meeting have seen this already, but no one really knew their sizes). So yes, leave your gear in the club gear reserved area (the UTOP staff will pick a spot). A few of us from our club are going down tomorrow at 3 pm to load up everyone’s gear into trailers. If anyone wants to help let me know; that would be awesome. We only need a few people. This will hopefully alleviate mass confusion between our club and UTOP. So if you can’t reserve your gear before 3 tomorrow, let me know. If your gear isn’t on the big group list down at UTOP (no one’s is yet), then you are on your own for gear.

·         FOOD – my bad on not mentioning this yesterday, food you are one your own. It’s always good to team up on food with a buddy if you can. We will have stove like on Fall Bash. 2-Dinner, 2-lunch, 2-breakfast.

·         ITENERARY – meet at 5pm Friday at UTOP (can’t leave our cars at lot 66 because of game weekend). We will downsize our number of vehicles as much as possible, and carpool. BRING A VEHICLE WITH A HITCH IF YOU HAVE ONE.  We will leave shorlty after 5 (let me know if this is a problem). Camping at Max’s old work/camp spot? Or a campground close by, I’ll tell you before we depart for sure where we are camping. Saturday & Sunday there is mtn biking on the Tsali trail system & kayaking is available both days. We’ll see who wants to do what and which days, its pretty flexible. Personally, I’d like to do kayaking a few runs on Sat. & bike on Sun. We’ll split into groups based on interest. The Nantahala generates on sat 9-5, and sun from 9:30-3:30, by the way. So we’ll probably leave the area, all said and done, by 5 or so on Sunday and get back a couple of hours later.

·         WEATHER - looks good, warm, chance of storms both days, but same case for Fall Bash, and it was still a great time all around.

p.s. - Let me know if you are only wanting to do one day, or have an odd driving arrangement from our plan. Pat Miller, the Californian raft guides that helped with Fall Bash, is driving up early Saturday morning, so if you want to carpool with him, let me know.

More to come later about Gregory’s Bald and Fall Break…

-Thanks,

Logan Johnson

(423) 863-1521