Six Reasons to Nominate a School Counselor of the Year

You're busy. We realize this. Some days you probably can't add one more
thing to your plate. But we don't want the deadline for School Counselor of
the Year nominations to pass by without you having a chance to nominate an
outstanding school counselor for this national award.

Why should you nominate someone? Here are six reasons:

1. It's a great way to get increased recognition for school counselors and the
important work they do.

2. You can show the rest of the country what great school counselors you
employ in your state.

3. If your nominee is selected as the School Counselor of the Year or a
finalist, you get to come with the school counselor on a free trip to
Washington, D.C., to meet with members of Congress and attend the black-tie
School Counselor of the Year Gala.

4. It only takes a minute to nominate someone.

5. You'll be able to show your nominee how much you respect his or her work.

6. Did we mention it's great publicity for the profession?

Nominations are due Sept. 15. That's next Wednesday, and it will be here
before you know it! Don't miss out on this chance to get recognition for the
best of the best. Learn more or nominate online.
Thanks for helping us honor great school counselors and bring more publicity
to the profession.
Nominate Today!
Sincerely,

ASCA Staff
email: [log in to unmask]
phone: 703-683-ASCA
web: http://www.schoolcounselor.org

To view the SMC archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/smc.html