The Journal for Education in Library and Information Science (JELIS) is seeking
doctoral students to serve as interns on its Editorial Board. Two interns
will be selected for two year appointments.
Editorial Board Interns will gain experience in research publication by:
1. Co-authoring a journalist-style profile for each issue to be published on the JELIS website.
2. Posting tables of contents, profile and featured research articles and moderating blog posts.
3. Assisting the editors in coordinating and staffing the annual meetings of the editorial board (held at the ALISE annual conference).
4. Attending editorial meetings once a month to assist the editors in coordinating activities of the editorial board, including:
5. Assisting the editors in soliciting and reviewing manuscripts as appropriate.
6. Assisting in preparation of manuscripts for final publication.
7. Promoting JELIS to potential authors, reviewers, readers and indexers.
8. Assisting with data collection for annual JELIS satisfaction survey.
Application deadline is September 15, 2010. Applications are available at http://jelis.org/editorial-staff/interns/intern-application/
Kathleen Burnett & Michelle Kazmer
FSU School of Library & Information Studies