The Wayne State University School of Library and Information Science is seeking proposals for a select number of one-credit classes to augment its Winter 2011 course schedule.  These offerings will focus on practical topics that complement the subject matter of regular, full-semester courses.  Topics might include:  library/vendor relationships, project management, budgeting, managing personnel, grant writing, and/or marketing library services.

We hope to offer these courses primarily as a service to our students who need 4 credits per term in order to qualify for financial aid and yet find taking 2 three-credit courses per term too burdensome.  It is also an opportunity for library professionals to highlight and address current trends in the field with future professionals.

These courses will be offered for 5 weeks but can be spread out over a longer period if warranted (as long as total contact time equals 14 hours).  We are looking for a mix of on-campus and online offerings. Compensation is $1327 - $1453 per short course.

If you are interested in teaching a one-credit course for Winter 2011, please send a brief proposal to me ([log in to unmask]) indicating the following:

Topic/Title:

Learning Objectives:

Format (online/on campus):

Suggested dates: