  Dear LIS faculty:

Public Services Quarterly's column, "Future Voices in Public Services,"
is a forum for students in graduate library and information science
programs to discuss key issues they see in academic library public
services, to envision what they feel librarians in public service have
to offer to academia, to tell us of their visions for the profession, or
to tell us of research that is going on in library schools. We hope to
provide fresh perspectives from those entering our field, in both the
United States and other countries. Interested faculty of graduate
library and information science programs, who would like their students'
ideas represented in this column, are invited to contact Nancy H.
Dewald, "Future Voices" column editor, at [log in to unmask] Please note that
students must be interested in ACADEMIC librarianship.

We have an upcoming issue on the topic of *"Rethinking Reference,"* so I
am especially interested in a student column on this topic. Additional
topics will be used for subsequent issues.

If you would like to see sample essays, please contact me. We have had
column contributors representing LIS programs in Australia, Scotland,
New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Iowa, Alabama, New York, Washington
state, Hawaii, and British Columbia. I hope to be hearing from some of you!
Thanks.

Sincerely,
Nancy Dewald, Column Editor
"Future Voices in Public Services," Public Services Quarterly

--
Nancy H. Dewald, Reference Librarian
Penn State Berks