Dear Colleagues;

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am research director for North America’s Corridor Coalition (1,500 miles of IH 35 plus IH 94 and IH 29 branches to borders with Canada, passing through states of TX, OK, KS, MO, IA, NB, IL, MI, SD, ND).

We’re trying to assemble a basic layout of the non-harmonized state laws/regs among these states for

1.)   Truck idling rules and regs (that are out of whack state by state)

2.)   Truck weights/freight weight standards/laws/regs that are different (state by state along our NASCO Corridor)

3.)   Trailer sizes, configurations, two trailers allowed

Our leading North American trade corridor coalition of public and private sector leaders on the NASCO Board has asked me to compile some information in those three areas.

Any help from your individual state DOT listserv members in a basic way, including perhaps good DOT experts and contact info would be very greatly appreciated.

NASCO is interested in seeing what the chances are of attempting to seek legislative or regulatory efforts to bring more harmony where it can be done and makes sense along our Corridor.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Frank

Francisco Conde - Director of Communications and Special Projects

North America's Corridor Coalition, Inc (NASCO) -  901 Main St., Ste. 4400 - Dallas TX 75202

Tel.: 214 744 1018 -- Fax: 214 744 1043

email: [log in to unmask] -- web: www.nascocorridor.com