  yep, we're seeing it with our Optiplex 745s. We have the very small
lunch-box size machines. It's caused by the hard-drive fan dying. Those
little boxes have very constricted ventilation, and the hard drive is
right next to those capacitors. When the cooling fan quits, the temp in
the box sets off a "High-Temperature warning, Press F1 to continue"
message on the monitor. Kind of like the red warning light on your car's
dashboard. That "F1 to continue" is just too attractive for the end-user
to resist. They're in a hurry to do whatever they're doing and don't
want to bother reporting a problem to the systems staff. The user just
presses F1-to-continue a couple of times, the hard drive hits critical
temperature and bang go the capacitors. The only remedy at that point is
to replace the motherboard, which we've had to do on about 8 machines so
far. The best thing to do is to turn off the machine when you see that
warning and replace the hard drive fan. That will fix the over-temp
problem and prevent the capacitor bulge. However, in a lab of over 300
workstations, on 4 floors of my library, getting the word out to our
26,000+ student users is sometimes problematic. The Fall semester starts
next week. Have mercy...
David

--
David Robinson -- Systems Librarian