From: Library NT [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sylvia MacKenzie
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LIBNT-L] Public computing and Windows 7

We upgraded our public computers to Windows 7 We use XP Mode to play some
of the games that weren't compatible to run directly in Windows 7 and they
work fine.

Pc Reservation - our booking software works fine in Windows 7 as does our
print management software

We are using Deepfreeze version 7

We are using the 32 bit version of Windows 7 as the 64 bit wasn't
compatible with our other print management software.

If you have printers and scanners make sure they are compatible One of our
flatbed scanner wasn't compatible.

Other than that it works great and the patrons are happy with it.

We cloned all our systems and ran a repair when restarting each new system
and all was well. This only took a few minutes for each one.

Sylvia MacKenzie

Colchester East Hants Public Library