You might check TechRepublic web site there was an article about this very
problem. It's been going for years. Dell even new about the problem.

From: Library NT [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Cooper
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Dell optiplex gx745's

We experienced this a few years ago with the GX270's. Dell had a recall out
on the m'board (I could only find this info on the discussion forums), so
they replaced all seven of ours - even sending a tech to install them - at
no charge.

I don't have any 745's, but I have 63 755's so it's possible I should be
worried(?). Have you checked the website to see if this is a known problem,
or whether there is a recall (even though they are out of warranty)? If
there is, the warranty may not matter.

Chris Cooper

Library PC Technician | Everett Public Library <http://www.epls.org/>

425.257.8039 fax 425.257.8029