School of Library &

Information Science

One Washington Square

San Jose, CA 95192-0029

Voice: 408-924-2490

The School of Library and Information Science at San José State University is pleased to invite you to attend our continuing Colloquium Series featuring SLIS faculty and invited guests, as they address the challenges and promises of our rapidly changing profession.

Our September 2010 speaker is:

Mary-Jo Romaniuk, Associate University Librarian, University of Alberta, Canada

and doctoral student in the SJSU Gateway Ph.D. program

Title: “Library Leadership Development: What does this mean and why should we care?”

View the pre-recorded presentation posted on Sunday, 19 September 2010 at

http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/colloquia/2010/colloquia10fa.htm

Melinda Cervantes, County Librarian, Santa Clara County

And Chair of the Urban Libraries Council Executive Board

Title: “Public Libraries: Evolution or Marginalization?”

Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Time:  noon to 1:00 pm

Location: Clark Hall 304, SJSU campus

More information about these presentations is posted on our Colloquia: Fall 2010 web page at http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/colloquia/2010/colloquia10fa.htm.  These presentations are free, wheelchair-accessible and open to the public.  Maps and directions to the San Jose State University campus can be found at http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/maps.htm.

We videotape each presentation for those who are unable to actually attend each event live.  Links to an Internet webcast (streaming video), an RSS feed, and/or an iTunes Portal podcast (usually both audio and video versions) will be posted to the Colloquia: Spring 2010 calendar web page at http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/colloquia/2010/colloquia10fa.htm about a week after each event.

Feel free to distribute this announcement to interested people, and please excuse any cross-postings you may see.

Marcia Laughrey

Receptionist

San Jose State University

One Washington Square