Re: Catalog is Out of the Box :OCLC Next Space
Very encouraging -- thanks for posting this, Karen. Wouldn't you think, though, that OCLC could come up with a more descriptive name in the title bar than  "1 [OCLC]"?

Elsa Kramer
IU-SLIS Indianapolis

Date:    Sat, 31 Jul 2010 09:52:31 -0400
From:    Karen Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Catalog is Out of the Box : OCLC Next Space
I know that the early morning session I attended at ALA Annual in June, on The Year of Cataloging Research, was filled to capacity with people sitting on the floor and standing for a space to listen in, at the back of the large meeting room.
For those who continue to say there is no interest in LIS, I think they are hugely mistaken and need to take their heads out of the sand and start offering more courses in cataloging, classification, metadata and more--  sharing for those interested --Karen W

NEXT SPACE  : the OCLC Newsletter
No.15
ISSN: 1559-0011
April 2010