Listserve:

I believe that Port of Baltimore used to have a designated route for overweight trucks.  Perhaps check with Planning Director there.

Tina Casgar

From: FHWA Freight Planning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tom Williams
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 5:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: port-area overweight truck corridor programs

Check with Port of Singapore

They have been monitoring their containers and haulers for 15+ years so that they get rid of a lot of queqing at the gate and Just-In-Time delivery

At HK Maersk had a system without much year at all with telemetric queqing of trucks for direct load dock to ship - like the rail systems sometime - 2M teus for one berth and a 12 storey truck park

Tom