From: FHWA Freight Planning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Joseph Gellings
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 1:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: port-area overweight truck corridor programs

Hello,
I am trying to identify the various working models for a port area
overweight
truck corridor program.   These programs recognize the unique need for
overweight cargo drays in the vicinity of ports and use ideas such as
corridor
designation and permits to manage this activity.   The programs I have
identified to date are Los Angeles, Long Beach, Oakland, CA, and Tacoma,

WA.   These all follow a similar model so I am hoping this post will
lead to
other kinds of working models.
Thank you very much!
Joseph Gellings