From: FHWA Freight Planning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Joseph Gellings
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 10:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: port-area overweight truck corridor programs

Hello,

I am trying to identify the various working models for a port area
overweight

truck corridor program.   These programs recognize the unique need for

overweight cargo drays in the vicinity of ports and use ideas such as
corridor

designation and permits to manage this activity.   The programs I have

identified to date are Los Angeles, Long Beach, Oakland, CA, and Tacoma,

WA.   These all follow a similar model so I am hoping this post will lead to

other kinds of working models.

Thank you very much!

Joseph Gellings

Port of Seattle