------ Forwarded Message
From: <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Reply-To: <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:53:05 -0400
To: Maria Esteva <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Archiving 2010 Call for Papers Announced
IS&T is pleased to announce the Archiving 2011 Call for Papers.
The deadline for submitting presentation abstracts for Archiving 2011 to be held May 16-19, 2011 in Salt Lake City, Utah, is October 17, 2010. A PDF of the Call for Papers can be found at www.imaging.org/ist/conferences/archiving <http://www.imaging.org/ist/conferences/archiving> .
The IS&T Archiving Conference brings together a unique community of imaging novices and experts from libraries, archives, records management, and information technology institutions to discuss and explore the expanding field of digital archiving and preservation. Attendees from around the world represent industry, academia, governments, and cultural heritage institutions. The conference presents the latest research results on archiving, provides a forum to explore new strategies and policies, and reports on successful projects that can serve as benchmarks in the field. Archiving 2011 is a blend of invited focal papers, keynote talks, and refereed oral and interactive display presentations. Prospective authors are invited to submit oral and interactive presentations by the October 17th deadline.
Proposed program topics include:
· Preservation of and Access to Digital Assets
· Technical Processes: Imaging, Metadata Creation, Workflow
- Strategies and tools for dealing with file format obsolescence
- Metadata for preservation and discovery
- Collaboration and cooperatives in digital preservation
- Digital curation micro-services and modularity
- Design, development, audio and certification of trusted repositories
· Digital Curation
- Effective imaging methodologies & processes
- Indexing items for specialized audiences
- Crowd-sourcing metadata creation
- Archival file formats and compression
- Color management in capture and display
Please feel free to contact me with any questions. We hope to see you there.
- Prioritizing collections for digital archiving
- Intellectual property rights management
- Models for funding and sustaining digital collections
- Digital curation education and training
- Content authentication of digital assets
IS&T Conference Program Manager
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
703/642-9090 x 106
------ End of Forwarded Message