AERA is pleased to announce a one-week extension of the deadline for 2011 Annual Meeting submissions from July 15, 2010 to July 22, 2010 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.

This is great news for those of you who thought you might miss the deadline! We want to have a strong showing of proposals for our SIG, RESEARCH, EDUCATION, INFORMATION, and SCHOOL LIBRARIES (REISL). So, please be sure to submit yours!

This year’s theme is “Inciting the Social Imagination:  Education Research for the Public Good.”  That theme fits nicely with what school libraries and media centers offer through our focus on information literacy and lifelong learning.  REISL is open to a wide variety of topics on this theme to be presented at the 2011 AERA Annual Meeting in New Orleans, April 8-12.

We look forward to your submission to REISL.  It should be a Word document of 6 pages in length, double-spaced (less than 2000 words).  The following elements must be addressed even if your results, conclusions, or findings are not complete or final at the time of the submission:

You can upload your submission online at http://www.aera.net.  Program Chair Michelle Kowalsky ([log in to unmask]) can answer any questions you might have.

Holly Weimar
REISL Communications Officer
Research in Education, Information and School Libraries
A Special Interest Group of the American Educational Research Association