On July 7, 2010	"Elsa F. Kramer" wrote:

>Tenure, RIP: What the Vanishing Status Means for the Future of
>Education, is a July 4, 2010 article in the Chronicle of Higher
>Education:

>Available online at http://chronicle.com/article/Tenure-RIP/66114/

Thank you Elsa Kramer for providing the link to the full article.

I am wondering if any part time faculty/adjuncts for LIS would like to
comment about their experiences as part time faculty. What are some of the
challenges you face? What are the rewards? What would you like those of us
in LIS Education to know about the part time faculty experience? Or
perhaps LIS deans, directors, department chairs would like to comment on
the importance of part timers and how the part time faculty are oriented,
acknowledged, supported at their institutions. What are the challenges for
LIS administrators in finding and keeping top quality part time faculty?
These are just general questions attempting to start a discussion.

Please know that I am writing this question as an individual and not in
any official role, either elected, appointed, or employed.

many thanks,
lp

Lorna Peterson
University at Buffalo