---apologies for cross posting---

On behalf of the Digital Curation Centre (DCC) and the School of
Information & Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel
Hill, I would like to invite you to join the International Digital
curation Education and Action (IDEA) Working Group Network. IDEA is a
joint initiative developed by the DCC and UNC at Chapel Hill which
aims to:

·       Foster collaborative international partnerships among digital
and data curation educators, researchers, and funding agencies;
·       Raise the profile of digital and data curation in general
(benefits driven) to help ensure that we can justify the establishment
and sustainability of sound infrastructures in higher education (HE)
and further education (FE) institutions;
·       Identify benchmarks for curation-related education and
training programmes
·       Continue investigation and make recommendations for digital
and data curation terminology.
·       Disseminate documentation for public access via the Digital
Curation Exchange.

Please see the IDEA website for information on the working group's
mission at www.ideaworkgroup.org.

In order to stay abreast of IDEA activities, you can to subscribe to
the new IDEA working group listserv email list. This list will be used
to share IDEA updates and relevant digital curation education news.

To subscribe, follow this link to a web page where you may subscribe
to the mailing list:
http://mail.unc.edu/lists/index.php?reason=searchresults&list=ideaworkgroup

To send messages to members of the listserv once you've joined, send
an email to: [log in to unmask]
To visit the listserv forum, follow http://lists.unc.edu/read/?forum=ideaworkgroup
. You may also review and edit your account from this page. Note: If
you log in and you have not created a password, just click 'OK' when
it asks you for a password and you will be logged in.

The IDEA working group is split into three sub-committees each
addressing a specific aspect of training and education.
-Graduate Curriculum led by Cal Lee, University of North Carolina at
Chapel Hill
-Continuing Professional Education and Training led by Helen Tibbo,
-Work Force led by Joy Davidson, DCC.

For more information on each of the sub-committees please see http://ideaworkgroup.org/subcommittees.html
.  If you are interested in joining a subcommittee, please respond to
this email and I will send you instructions for joining the
subcommittee groups on the Digital Curation Exchange website
(digitalcurationexchange.org).

We will be holding an IDEA workshop at iPres 2010 in Vienna, Austria.
The workshop will take place from Wednesday (22 September) noon until
Thursday (23 September) noon. For more information on the iPres
conference, please see http://www.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/dp/ipres2010/.

We hope to see many of you at the workshop and on the listserv. Please
feel free to contact me for more information.

Sincerely,
Heather Bowden

Heather L.M. Bowden
Closing the Digital Curation Gap - Project Manager
Carolina Digital Curation Doctoral Fellow
School of Information & Library Science, University of North Carolina
at Chapel Hill
[log in to unmask] OR [log in to unmask]