Greetings all:

The 2010 Music Information Retrieval Evaluation eXchange (MIREX)
submission system is now open. This will be the 6th iteration of MIREX.
We are looking forward to the most rewarding MIREX yet. Over the past 6
years MIREX has evaluated over 750 MIR algorithm runs on a wide variety
of music-related tasks. There is a good chance that we might break the
1000 cumulative runs barrier this year!

The MIREX plenary and poster sessions will be convened on Wednesday, 11
August 2010 as part of the 11th International Conference on Music
Information Retrieval(ISMIR) in Utrecht, Netherlands, from August 9th to
13th, 2010 (http://ismir2010.ismir.net/).

We have created a new submission system with new submission procedures
for this year. Because of this, it is important that you take some time
to review the documentation carefully.

We will be following up this message early next week with information
about deadlines. Like last year, we will have rolling deadlines.
However, do note that ISMIR is in early August. This means that we need
to begin running algorithms as soon as possible. The first two deadlines
will involve the Audio Music Similarity and Retrieval (AMS) and the
Symbolic Melodic Similarity (SMS) tasks as both of these will require
further human evaluation via the famous Evalutron 6000 system.

If you have general questions, feel free to post them to the EvalFest
list <[log in to unmask]>. Specific problem requests can be
made to the MIREX team via <[log in to unmask]>.

Please begin the submission process by visiting:
http://music-ir.org/mirex/wiki/2010:MIREX_2010_Submission_Instructions

Special comment: We are REQUIRING that EACH person involved in a MIREX
2010 submission MUST create an identity for themselves on the submission
system. Identities are important to us as they help us better manage the
submissions. Even if a colleague of yours is going to do the actual
submitting, you still need to create an identity for yourself in the
system. We have a video that will help you make better sense of this.
So, even if you are not going to be the submitter, could can help your
colleagues immensely by creating an identity for yourself on the system
as soon as possible.

Until the final 2010 results are published, this will be the last MIREX
2010 message cross-posted. All further communications from MIREX Central
will be made via the EvalFest list.

Cheers,
J. Stephen Downie on behalf of the MIREX team

     "Research funding makes the world a better place"
J. Stephen Downie, PhD
Associate Professor,
Graduate School of Library and Information Science; and,
Center Affiliate, National Center for Supercomputing Applications
[Vox/Voicemail] (217) 649-3839
NEMA Project Home: http://nema.lis.uiuc.edu