*Please excuse any duplicate postings*

Many people use social networking tools, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, for many reasons. At the workplace, it is still unclear whether these tools are distractions or they help boost productivity.  We, researchers from the University of Maryland, invite you to take a  worldwide survey to understand the relationship between social  networking tools and job performance.*

The survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete. Your response will be confidential. You will NOT be identified under any  circumstance and only aggregated results will be reported.  If you complete the survey and provide your e-mail at the end, you will receive  a summary of the results and have a chance to win one of FOUR $25 Amazon gift cards.

PLEASE TAKE THE SURVEY HERE:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SocNet

Finally, if you could forward this invitation to your colleagues and friends who may be using social networking at work, we'd appreciate your gracious help. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Mega Subramaniam, Ph.D. [[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>]
Ping Wang, Ph.D. [[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>]
College of Information Studies
University of Maryland, College Park

*This research has been reviewed according to the University of
Maryland, College Park Institutional Review Board procedures for
research involving human subjects. The consent form is available at
http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~mmsubram/consentform.html.
Mega M Subramaniam, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
College of Information Studies