What is librarianship like in the Netherlands or your PhD is in something else?
How long have you been in the Netherlands as a librarian ?
Have you ever worked in American libraries for a period of years?

just wondering & thanks for your insights--

cheers, Karen Weaver

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Laval Hunsucker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Bernie Sloan wrote :

> Just a thought.

But a very good thought.

Yet isn't the problem (?) that it would, if honestly done, most likely pull the rug out from under the whole superstructure of professional identity, the whole self-image and pretension, that LIS ( and not least, LIS education ) has constructed for itself over the past fifty years or so ?

Therefore :  don't count on it happening, I'd say. ( Let's hope I'm wrong. )

And as far as better positioning is concerned -- isn't it a little late for that kind of undertaking to make much sense ?

- Laval Hunsucker
  Breukelen, Nederland

Karen Weaver, MLS, Adjunct Faculty, Cataloging & Classification, The iSchool at Drexel University, Philadelphia PA email: [log in to unmask] / Electronic Resources Statistician, Duquesne University, Gumberg Library, Pittsburgh PA email: [log in to unmask]

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions."
--Mark Twain