Hi, please could you post the following notice. Apologies for any cross-posting.  Thanks.

It was just under 10 years ago (December 2000) that the journal Innovation: journal of appropriate librarianship and information work in Southern Africa had the subject of information literacy as its theme. We believe it is timely to have another theme based issue of the journal and to once again focus on the subject of information literacy. Thus issue no 41 (December 2010) is provisionally entitled "Information literacy in Southern Africa: perspectives, practices and trends" and this notice is a call for papers on the subject.

As suggested by the title, we are not restricting papers to information literacy in any particular LIS sector. Also, while the context is Southern Africa, papers on the subject outside of this context will also be considered.

Please note that Innovation is an accredited, peer-reviewed journal and contributors must keep this in mind (See the Notes for Contributors at
http://www.innovation.ukzn.ac.za/innovationNotesContributors.htm)

If you wish to contribute a paper please contact either one of the editors of the issue (see below) expressing your intention to do so. Closing date for submission of papers will be 13 August 2010.
Thanks.
Rosemary Kuhn: [log in to unmask]
Athol Leach: [log in to unmask]

Please find our Email Disclaimer here-->: http://www.ukzn.ac.za/disclaimer