From: Open Lib/Info Sci Education Forum [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of #HEOK KAY HENG ADRIAN# [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 1:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Design thinking

I was wondering if anyone has come across any research on the return on investment (ROI) of design.
In the corporate world, it is hard to convince companies to take up design thinking in their work processes if we cannot prove that the returns can be substantially improved in terms of dollars and cents. I know it may appear crass to designers in any field to have to justify their work in such prosaic terms but sadly, profit seems to be one of the major motivators for companies to adopt changes in their work processes. The government here has some funds if there are institutions willing to explore work or collaboration in this area.

Adrian Heok
Student
Division of Information Studies
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication & Information
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore