What is your evidence re: libraries not providing information to young
people etc ?

I believe in evidence - based assessment....;-)

Here is one example from my local public library:

http://www.clpgh.org/teens/life/

Many senior citizens simply avoid using the Internet because of all the
security breaches
and choose not to use online resources for their information needs.

just some thoughts,
cheers
/ Karen Weaver