From: Open Lib/Info Sci Education Forum [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Janet Mumford [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 1:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: non-credit/credit online courses/workshops on Intellectual Freedom

I'm gathering information on non-credit/credit ONLINE courses/
workshops on Intellectual Freedom that library workers (professional
librarians, teacher librarians, library technicians, library clerks,
community librarians) could take as continuing education. This might
include courses that a person can take as unclassified student. Given
these are ONLINE workshops/courses, I'm curious to find out what is
available from a wide variety of places.

I'd also like to get information on such workshops/courses that a
person could take IN PERSON through organizations or universities in
the Pacific Northwest region of the USA/Canada.

I will be sharing this information with participants at a workshop on
Intellectual Freedom and Youth Services at an upcoming regional
conference for library workers.

Please send this information directly to me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you.

Janet Mumford, MLIS
PhD student, SLAIS, UBC
Vancouver, BC
Canada
Member of the Intellectual Freedom Committee and
the Young Adult and Children's Services Section of the BC Library
Association