What is librarianship like in the Netherlands or your PhD is in something
else?
How long have you been in the Netherlands as a librarian ?
Have you ever worked in American libraries for a period of years?

just wondering & thanks for your insights--

cheers, Karen Weaver

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Laval Hunsucker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Bernie Sloan wrote :
>
> > Just a thought.
>
> But a very good thought.
>
> Yet isn't the problem (?) that it would, if honestly done, most likely pull
> the rug out from under the whole superstructure of professional identity,
> the whole self-image and pretension, that LIS ( and not least, LIS education
> ) has constructed for itself over the past fifty years or so ?
>
> Therefore :  don't count on it happening, I'd say. ( Let's hope I'm wrong.
> )
>
> And as far as better positioning is concerned -- isn't it a little late for
> that kind of undertaking to make much sense ?
>

> - Laval Hunsucker
>   Breukelen, Nederland

Karen Weaver, MLS, Adjunct Faculty, Cataloging & Classification, The iSchool
at Drexel University, Philadelphia PA email:
[log in to unmask] Electronic Resources Statistician,
Duquesne University, Gumberg Library,
Pittsburgh PA email: [log in to unmask]

*"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions."*
*--Mark Twain*