From: Lorna Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, April 21, 2010 3:15:31 AM
Subject: Re: ALISE: Call for juried paper proposals

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, Laval Hunsucker wrote:

>> "More information on the conference theme ..."

"Competitiveness and Innovation" is a United States national policy theme that is influencing legislation, grants, and research directions. Although ALISE is an international organization, this U.S. national policy theme has ramifications for global policy as well-- and certainly there are consequences-- good and/or bad for LIS concerning national policies of "competitiveness and innovation." What are the directions for LIS within this policy frame of "Competitiveness and Innovation?"

Critical pieces, historical explorations, gendered analysis-- possible approaches are given below in the call. All of your questions are good quesitons and likely are making others think-- this is a good thing! We are looking forward to a wide variety of proposals that will address this theme.

Colleagues, please think and explore, embrace or reject, research and describe what are the elements, what is the history, what are the opportunities and examples-- etc. etc. etc. of "Competitiveness and Innovation" in library and information science and its related fields/areas (publishing, museums, entertainment industries, education).

The ALISE Conference Juried Paper Proposals Committee looks forward to receiving your submissions!  And we will get the website updated ... we need a few more weeks please.

many thanks,
lp

Lorna Peterson, PhD
ALISE President 2010-2011
Associate Professor
University at Buffalo
Graduate School of Education
Department of Library and Information Studies
534 Baldy Hall
Buffalo NY 14260