But does a "hit" or a "click" actually mean it's relevant to the person
clicking it?
These are questions libraries also ask in usage statistics for online
resources all the time.

A feature about email lists is just that--someone is pushing the information
outwards.
it is not necessarily two way, but one way unless people participate and
make it a vital tool and not a dead technology.

These are important aspects I think at least, in terms of understanding
ourselves and our users.

Cheers, Karen W
Karen Weaver, MLS, Adjunct Faculty, Cataloging & Classification, The iSchool
at Drexel University, Philadelphia PA email:
[log in to unmask] Electronic Resources Statistician,
Duquesne University, Gumberg library,
Pittsburgh PA email: [log in to unmask]