----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">ProEdit Recruiting
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 5:40 PM
Subject: Contract Technical Writer (Atlanta, GA) Job # GA075

ProEdit, Inc., a staffing firm that specializes in hiring technical writers and editors, has a new opportunity available. The job description is listed below.

If you are interested in this position, please apply on ProEdit's Web site. If you have any additional questions, call LaToia Pickett at 770-886-6255. Should you need to hire a technical writer or instructional designer, please visit ProEdit’s Web site to learn more about our services.

If this is not the right position for you, but you know someone who might be a good match, please visit our Web site to learn more about ProEdit's Referral Program.

Contract Technical Writer (Atlanta, GA) Job # GA075

ProEdit has an exciting opportunity for a technical writer for a full-time, onsite, three- to six-month contract position in Atlanta, GA (near Cobb Galleria). The technical writer will be responsible for creating documentation for our client’s custom software applications, as well as writing and updating policies and procedures. In addition, the writer will collaborate with various levels of staff in the IT department to gather information pertinent to the documentation process.

The successful candidate will have experience as a technical writer within an IT department and should be able to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment.

Qualifications for this position include:

·         Three to five years of technical writing experience.

·         Experience writing IT procedures, runbooks, and disaster-recovery documentation.

·         A bachelor’s degree in technical communication, English, or related field.

·         Ability to interview and communicate effectively with subject matter experts.

·         Experience with cloud computing is a plus.

·         Proficiency with MS Office, screen-capturing tools, and MediaWiki.

·         Ability to complete tasks with little supervision, willingness to take initiative, resourcefulness, and excellent problem-solving skills.

If you are interested in this position, apply on ProEdit's Web site. Please contact LaToia Pickett at 770-886-6255, if you have any questions about this position. If you are a hiring manager and want to learn more about our services, please visit ProEdit’s Web site.

If you do not want to receive e-mails notifying you of open positions with ProEdit, let us know by sending an e-mail to [log in to unmask] with "REMOVE" in the subject field, or send a written request to ProEdit, Inc., P.O. Box 462, Cumming, GA 30028.