Here is an email I recently received.  There are still 5 slots open for interested students:

Dear Bruce,

You may remember that last year we sent you some information to pass on to students at the University of Tennessee regarding internships available with Azafady, a charity and Malagasy NGO working on conservation and community development projects in Madagascar.

Azafady offers a limited number of unique opportunities to get involved in our environmental, humanitarian and sustainable livelihoods projects in southeast Madagascar, where we have been working in response to local communities’ expressed needs for over 15 years. Our internship programs can be beneficial to students regardless of their field of study but would be of particular interest to students of Geography, for the particular kinds of knowledge, vocational skills and hands-on experience which you acquire. Participants gain experience in the workings of a grassroots conservation and development NGO and an understanding of the resource needs of local communities in Madagascar and how this impacts on conservation efforts.

We are currently taking applications for our 2010 and 2011 programs and would like to offer students at the University of Tennessee the chance to apply. Over the past few years we have had a great response from students on the Pioneer and Lemur Venture summer programs, and we have recently launched a new Conservation Programme as well as Short-term programs which offer more options to those interested in joining our teams.

Please find attached below some more information, detailing Azafady’s various programs, for you to forward on by email to your students who may be interested in such an opportunity. If possible, we would be grateful if you could send us a short reply via email to let us know that the information has been forwarded.

If you have any problems viewing the information and the pictures below then please click here for a web version.

If you, or any of your students, require more information regarding Azafady’s internship programmes, do visit our website www.azafadyusa.org or contact our office on +44 (0)208 960 6629 - we would be more than happy to help with any enquiries.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Sarah Lamb
VolunteerCoordinator