All,

            The Jackson Roll Session that was canceled in January due to
snow has been rescheduled for March 26. We are still listed as a co-sponsors
of this event with UTOP and the Chota Canoe Club. I'll be at the meeting
tonight (March 17) and will have more information. This one should be a
"don't miss"!  The official announcement is below:

 Eric Jackson is the guest of honor. Eric is currently freestyle kayak world
championship runner-up. He has been world champion four times (1993, 2001,
2005, 2007). Eric has been a member of the US Kayaking Team, either in
freestyle or in slalom, every year since 1989. In 1992, Jackson competed in
Barcelona as part of the U.S. Olympic team. He is a two-time winner of the
Everest Award and the author of several instructional books and videos
teaching many aspects of whitewater kayaking, including river running,
playboating, rolling and bracing. His children Emily and Dane are also
competitive kayakers.

Later,

Randy

Special Roll Session with Jackson Kayak rescheduled for March 26 from 6:30
to10:00 at the UT Aquatic Center.

On March 26 the Chota Canoe Club, in conjunction with the UT Outdoor Program
(UTOP) / UT Canoe and Hiking Club (UTCH) and River Sports Outfitters will be
hosting a kayak roll session with Eric Jackson. Cost for attendance is $5.00
for people not associated with UT.

UTOP has reserved the diving well and 12 lanes of the Student Aquatic Center
Pool for our use, so well have a huge amount of space! Members are welcome
to bring their own boats, but we'll also have use of UT's kayaks and some
Jackson boats that we can demo. Please make sure that all personal equipment
is clean and free of debris.

Directions:

From I40 East or From I40 West.

*	Exit onto U.S. 129 (Alcoa Highway) south (toward Airport and Smoky
Mtns.).
*	Take the Hwy 11 / Hwy 70 Kingston Pike Avenue Exit and turn left
(East) onto Kingston Pike/Cumberland Avenue at the bottom of the ramp.
*	Continue on Kingston Pike/Cumberland Avenue for apx. 2/10 of a mile
and turn right onto Volunteer Boulevard. Volunteer Boulevard is just beyond
the railroad overpass and before the Pilot station.
*	Continue on Volunteer Boulevard to the first red light and take a
left onto Andy Holt Avenue.
*	The UT Aquatic Center is the second big building on your right. The
Student Aquatic Center Parking (SAC) lot is on the east side of the Aquatic
Center.
*	The entrance to the building is on the south side, opposite the
street. Please pay the $5.00 at the desk and get a wrist band.

Parking/boat unloading:

*	Please refer to the UT campus map at: www.utk.edu/maps/campus/.
Display Map #6 when the web page loads and locate the Student Aquatic
Center.
*	Parking will be a nuisance, so I'm going to recommend that everyone
start showing up at 6:30. Things should officially get started at 7:00.
*	Boat unloading. We will use the Student Aquatic Center  (SAC on the
map) for boat unloading. This lot is typically very busy. More than likely,
we will need to double park to unload boats. To minimize congestion,
students from the UTCH will be on hand between 6:30 and 6:55 to assist with
moving boats from the parking lot to the Aquatic Center.
*	Parking. We can park at the SAC and any of the blue S number lots.
There is also street side parking on Volunteer Boulevard one block south of
Andy Holt that is reasonably close.
*	The SAC usually clears out by 9:00, so loading boats after the event
should not be a problem.

Special thanks to Ed McAlister for booking Eric Jackson and Benjy Darnell
from UTOP for getting the pool!