From: Library NT [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Pike
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: thin clients

> Thin clients seem like a workable solution for us as long as I don't spend
too
> much time thinking about how much it would cost up front.

Lisa:

You might also want to consider Nettop-class machines, like Acer's
AspireRevo, full-function, standalone PCs in a tiny form factor, fanless and
quiet and use very little power, and generally sell for under $500. Only
drawback is they don't have optical drives onboard. Newegg.com is selling
the AspireRevo with 2 Gb RAM, 160 Gb hard drive, Gigabit Ethernet with
Windows 7 Home Premium for $329.99. And you won't have to burden your server
with terminal services.

Jeffrey Pike
Technology Services Librarian
Groton Public Library