Dear Colleague:

The Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), together with HISTORYTM and the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, invites libraries and students across the United States to flex their creative muscles and share their passion for American history by participating in HISTORYTM’s America: The Story of Us contests.  For libraries, the contest entails creating a special exhibit or media project about American history that will strengthen their communities’ interest in American history.  Students are asked to create a short video based on any topic related to American history and are encouraged to use the resources of local libraries, historical societies, and archives for information on their own local history or on the American history topic that interests them most.

These contests are exciting opportunities to promote learning about American history and explore our nation’s diverse heritage. We are delighted that HISTORYTM is reaching out to the nation's libraries to encourage a community dialogue about America's past.

Please see the attached flyers about each contest and refer to HISTORYTM’s website for more information.

Marsha Semmel

Acting Director, IMLS