Apologies for cross-posting!
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI
College of Education
School of Information Science & Learning Technologies
Positions: Assistant/Associate/Professor in Library and Information Science
The School of Information Science and Learning Technologies seeks applicants for a tenure-track position in library and information science.
Responsibilities: Includes teaching as part of the master’s program as well as contributing to the doctoral program in Information Science and Learning Technologies; advising master’s and doctoral students; assisting with
curricular and policy matters of the School; conducting structured inquiry and research resulting in publications.
• Doctorate required
• Clear understanding of the major issues facing Library and Information Science today, and the ability to communicate the importance of these issues to students
• Willingness to be engaged in a creative effort to make the master’s program accessible to residents of Missouri and beyond through on-line teaching and other means
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Integration of technology into teaching and research
• Master’s degree in Library and Information Science
• Successful college-level teaching experience
• Applicants should be able to demonstrate competence in any of the following areas: organization of information, possibly including cataloging and classification; information access and use, possibly including reference services;
research methods; management and assessment of information agencies such as libraries; and related areas
School of Information Science and Learning Technologies (SISLT)
SISLT is one of five academic units within the College of Education. The School offers master’s programs in Library Science and Educational Technology and a Ph.D. program in Information Science and Learning Technologies. For information
please visit our Web site at: http://sislt.missouri.edu.
MU College of Education
The College of Education is one of 18 schools/colleges at MU. It has approximately 2905 graduate students and 1231 undergraduate students and approximately 82 tenure/tenure track faculty. It is ranked 28th nationally and has many research
collaborations and professional organizations providing faculty and students with outstanding research opportunities. Find us on line at: http://education.missouri.edu.
University of Missouri (MU)
MU, a Doctoral/Research Extensive Institution, is the flagship institution of the University of Missouri’s four-campus system and is the oldest state university west of the Mississippi River. It is located in Columbia, a community of approximately
100,000. Within close proximity to St. Louis and Kansas City, Columbia is rated as of one of the best small cities in the US by Money magazine. MU’s enrollment is approximately 30,200. It is one of the most comprehensive and diverse universities in the United
States, and proudly embraces the land grant mission. See http://www.missouri.edu for more information.
Salary and Rank
Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Nine-month, tenure-track appointment beginning January 18, 2011 or August 22, 2011.
• Letter of application
• Curriculum vitae
• Names, email addresses, and telephone numbers for three references
• Samples of scholarly writing
E-mail all materials to Dr. Denice Adkins, Chair, Search Committee, School of Information Science & Learning Technologies, University of Missouri at [log in to unmask].
Formal review of applications will begin July 1, 2010 and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Missouri is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged. To request ADA accommodations, please contact the College
of Education at 573-882-8311.
School of Information Science & Learning Technologies, University of Missouri