Hello Friends and Colleagues of Joan Durrance,

As you may know, Joan Durrance will be retiring from the School of Information. We are compiling a book of memories from her friends, colleagues, and students and will present it to her at a reception in her honor on Tuesday, April 13. You are cordially invited to share your own memories of Joan in this book. We are collecting the messages via a Web site (instructions below), but the book itself will be a bound volume.

Please feel free to leave any length of message; you may also upload a photo to be included in the book. If it is easier, feel free to email me your text and I can add it.

Feel free to forward this message on to others that may know Joan. It would be nice to get a lot of responses.

Because we hope to complete the book in the next few weeks, we will need your message by Friday, March 19.

To begin, go to:
http://memorypress.familylearn.com/start
ID: Joan Durrance2
Password: retirement

Once you have submitted your message, you will not be able to edit it or make changes. If you need to make changes later, you will need to send this information directly to me. If you have any other questions, send me an email and I will gladly help you out. Please spread the word about this memory book to any other former students or colleagues you know.

Thank you. We hope you can join us at Joan's reception in April. More information will follow.

Save the Date!
Joan's Retirement Party
Tuesday, April 13, 4:00-6:00 PM
Ehrlicher Room - 411 West Hall
1085 South University Ave., Ann Arbor

Barbara Smith, CMP
Assistant to the Dean
School of Information
University of Michigan
1085 South University Ave, 304 West Hall
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
734-647-3576; fax 734-764-2475