From: Club Geography at UT on behalf of Horn, Sally P
Sent: Wed 24-Mar-10 11:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CLUBGGY] Student Environmental Initiative

Dear Graduate Students (faculty FYI),

Here is an opportunity for UT students to put in a proposal to receive up to $25,000 to implement a technical project that will conserve resources, improve the efficiency of campus operations, or generate renewable energy.

http://www.pp.utk.edu/survey/index.php?sid=79895&lang=en&utm_source=tntoday&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2010-03-24

How about a proposal to build some covered bicycle shelters on campus, or to put secure bicycle racks in parking structures?  From what I have learned from students, having a dry place to park a bicycle would encourage more students to ride bicycles to campus.

Surely there are other good ideas possible -- maybe something that could even happen within our own Geography building, that would conserve resources (?)

Cheers,

Sally

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography